Have you ever wondered if drinking pickle juice can help you to pass a drug test? When it comes to peeing in a cup or being forced to submit a urine sample at your local police station, the last thing any of us want is to fail.
While the stories of drinking pickle juice are fascinating, the truth is that pickle juice will not help you pass a drug test. There are so many factors involved, including timing, health issues, side effects, evolving drug testing methodology, etc.
So, before you start drinking pickle juice to help you pass a drug test, please find out more in our in-depth guide.
Why Do People See It as a Way to Pass a Drug Test?
The common belief that drinking pickle juice can help you pass a drug test is founded on the fact that pickle juice is acidic in nature and can help dilute the THC found in your urine after your drug use. And while this may sound like a solid theory, the problem is, it takes time to be effective.
Pickle juice is rich in sodium, potassium, and magnesium electrolytes and contains crucial lactic acid. Lactic Acid is sent directly to the liver when it enters the body via the gastrointestinal tract. The liver then stores it, converts it to bicarbonate, and then finally disperses it into the blood to rid your body of the excess ions and acid.
The problem is this process takes more than 24-hours before you start to feel the effect. And since your employer can request you to submit a urine sample up to 48-hours before the actual test, there is a chance that you might not get to drink enough pickle juice to dilute your urine. Hence, if you’re going to rely on pickle juice to help you pass a drug test, you’re going to have to be super diligent in your timing.
Also, be warned of today’s evolving drug testing methodology that can easily detect minute traces of drugs in your urine even if you’re fully committed to the pickle juice method.
How to Actually Use the Pickle Juice
Pickle juice is a cheap and natural solution that you can use to flush toxins from your body. It has been used for years by employers and students who are trying to pass a drug test. The major issue with pickle juice is that most people don’t know how to actually use it! Fret not. Enlisted are some crucial steps for using pickle juice for detoxification:
Step 1: You must make it a habit to drink ~5 ounces of pickle juice before your meal, about two weeks before your drug test. The goal is to slow down the digestion process. This should cause the breakdown of fat and the release of stored THC in your body through your urine.
Step 2: If it is the day of your drug test, it is recommended that you drink ~5 ounces of pickle juice after every 2 hours. Pickle juice contains cucumber water, a well-known diuretic that can help your body eliminate excess fluids. The goal is to help THC metabolize by removing water-soluble toxins from your system.
Note: Dirking too much pickle juice can do more harm than good and should be avoided. It is acidic and contains sodium, overloading your body and creating more serious issues like swelling, stomach pain, and even diarrhea . So please limit your consumption to the recommended 5 ounces.
Is There Any Historical Proof It Works?
Thanks to its acidic nature and excessive sodium content, pickle juice has been used for centuries to cleanse and purify the body. However, if it can help you pass your drug test is a completely different story.
There are lots of so-called historical stories that claim that pickle juice helps pass a drug test. But, with so many uncontrolled variables and a general lack of scientific evidence, you can’t be sure if it actually works.
We’ve done a lot of research on this topic and came up with nothing conclusive. It can work for you if you continue to use it for weeks before your drug test, but the chances are low given the recent advancements in drug tests. If you just drink the pickle juice, then chances are you’ll fail your drug test for diuretics and other excessive contaminants .
Pros & Cons of Using Pickle Juice to Pass a Drug Test
- It is loaded with electrolytes that can help replenish your body during the detoxification period,
- Known to be an excellent diuretic that has shown effective results,
- It helps slow down digestion to assist the body burn fats and get rid of THC.
- It works only for THC and is not effective for other drugs,
- Not always 100% effective for everyone,
- Is not a long-term solution,
- Anything in excess can be harmful.
Health Risks of Using Pickle Juice
Pickles are delightfully sour, crisp, and salty, making them a phenomenal addition to any meal. People gobble up their pickle rations like there is no tomorrow. Unfortunately, pickle juice is too sour for its own good. While its tangy flavor makes for a tangy salad dressing, its high acidity makes it a poor drink (when consumed in excess). Enlisted are some major health risks you may not be aware of:
1. High in Sodium – The main reason why people drink pickle juice is to curb their urine sample’s salt levels. However, drinking pickle juice will do the opposite of what you want. Pickle juice has a high level of sodium, which in turn contributes to the production of urine with excess salt levels. The salt in pickle juice can also disrupt your urine’s pH balance, which will affect the accuracy of the lab’s test results.
2. Esophageal Cancer – Yes, cancer . Esophageal cancer is one of the top cancer killers in the world, and it can be attributed to excessive pickle juice consumption. The acids in pickle juice can damage the lining of your esophagus. While the damage may not be immediately noticeable, it will have a serious effect on your body’s well-being.
3. Hypertension – High salt levels in your body can lead to hypertension . High blood pressure, if left untreated, can cause numerous health problems such as heart attack, stroke, and even death.
It’s a toss-up. There is no way to tell. It could work for you, and it could fail, but if you keep using it for weeks before the test, then you can reduce the chances of getting a false positive drug test result. Regardless of how confident you are about pickle juice, it’s not a very good idea to rely on this method to help you pass your drug test.